Welcome to the Mission Society of Enrolled Agents (MSEA)
The Mission Society of Enrolled Agents is a nonprofit professional association of over 300 members, offering education and networking opportunities to tax preparers in the South San Francisco Bay Area.
Please, feel free to browse our website to see the services we offer as well as the many helpful resources we provide. When you are ready to learn more about what we can do for you, we encourage you to contact us.
IRC 280E and You: How to File for Cannabis Businesses
2 Hours CE
Presented by Russell Barnett, EA, CTS
Tuesday August 17, 2021
12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Intro/Overview of IRC 280E history and what it is
- Regulatory/enforcement environment overview
- Review of several high profile tax court cases regarding cannabis businesses
- IRC 471 cost accounting overview
- Common challenges when working with cannabis businesses
- Case study/example of how to prepare a tax return for a cannabis business
When: Tuesday August 17, 2021
Speaker: Russell Barnett, EA, CTS